Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Year


This is a picture of us at the cemetery this past Tuesday, August 12th. That was the 1 year anniversary of Ken's death and I am so proud of how well we did. I had several weepy days leading up to it but after a sweet blessing from Jared on Sunday I felt like I could face it as more of a celebration than something to dread.
It was a beautiful day. I did a session in the temple then met with Ken's family at the cemetery where we shared some peaceful moments. Mom had us over for dinner afterward and then shared with us some FABULOUS scrapbooks that she had put together for each of us. She had taken boxes and boxes of pictures, sorted and organized them and created copies for us. It was fun to go through the books and share tender moments and laughter.
Looking back it's hard to believe it has been a year - in some ways it seems longer, in other ways it seems like just last week... we have all made it through a year of firsts and I so appreciate all of my family and friends for their support during this time (and before). I'm doing great and the kids are, too.
One of my goals is that Jenelle will know her daddy through our memories. I look forward to looking forward while I carry loving tender memories in my heart and share them with the kids.
Love Ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Mark on your right? I wouldn't even have recognized him. I am so glad to hear you had a great day together remembering Ken.

Becca said...

Aunt Jackie! You are my hero!!! I can't wait to see you in November...and let the little potty-trained club kids play ;) Have a great day!
xoxoxo