Slowly but not so surely I am figuring out how this blog thing works. The pictures (I have no idea where they'll be when I finish my post) are from the Sock Hop at the church on Friday night. It was a BLAST and I'm sure I over-did it - only 10 days since surgery...dr. had said not to raise my heart rate or blood pressure so I actually took it easy although witnesses might say otherwise. No harm, no foul-I feel fine and any aches & pains I had Saturday were "happy pain".
In the picture of Jenelle you have to notice her Valentine's tights and her pink Chuck Taylor high tops...one of Daddy's favorite accessories (although he never had pink ones). She was the sweetheart of the party...at least in my eyes!
I'm glad to have our Valentine's Day celebration out of the way, it could be a hard week for me. Jason has his school dance on Thursday night and I've got a mixed b-day lunch planned for Saturday...keeping busy.
It was 5 years ago this Wednesday that Ken and I met in person for the first time, he came to Colorado to go to a church Valentine's Dance that I had organized. Being single at the time I thought it would be nice to plan a romantic evening of dinner & dancing for all of the couples...little did I know that I wouldn't be very single by the time the dance rolled around! One of the songs requested at the Sock Hop on Friday was The Dance by Garth Brooks...hadn't listened to it for 20 years and was surprised at it's effect on me. "I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance" Love You Ken!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
+Southam+and+kids.jpg)
1 comment:
Auntie J! You are so cute! And your kids are darling! I am so glad you are in the 'blog' world now. Have a great week. Hang in there...
Post a Comment