


I know this isn't celebrated much outside of Utah but it is our version of "statehood day" and a pretty big deal. Last year our neighborhood started doing a Patriotic Parade the night before the 4th and this year we switched to the night before July 24th. It was a lot of fun, I had a hand-me-down from Aunt Camie that Baby J wore- what would a parade be without cheerleaders. Big J and his buddies we the lawn mower brigade. We all had a great time, and got to be at the park for hours...the first time (since she's cared) that she didn't pitch a fit when it was time to go home - success!!
+Southam+and+kids.jpg)
1 comment:
I miss Pioneer day. Of course, since I am recovering from my accident, the holiday came and went without a second thought. I am grateful for the pioneers for their long trek! They got me where I am today!
Post a Comment